Our Scholarship Application Process
Scholarships, Inc. offers financial assistance to high school graduates in pursuit of a bachelor's or associate degree, or general education transfer credits. Students must attend a fully-accredited 2-year/technical college, traditional college or university in the United States and carry full-time student status with a college courseload of 12 credits or more per semester. All of our scholarships and Partner Scholarships are applicable to a student's first year in college, and some awards may be renewable.
graduating from a Brown County or Door County high school complete
application to be considered for a number of scholarship opportunities.
Brown County High Schools: Ashwaubenon, Bay Port, Denmark, De Pere, East Green Bay, N.E.W. Lutheran, Notre Dame Academy, Southwest, Preble, Pulaski, West De Pere, West Green Bay, and Wrightstown.
Door County High Schools: Gibraltar, Sevastopol, Southern Door, Sturgeon Bay, and Washington Island.
The Albert & Mary Rhoades Foundation and Deprey-Skyline Family Information Technology scholarships are available to students in other Wisconsin counties; see our Partner Scholarships page for specific details.
- Recipients are selected on the basis of:
- Financial need as established by the Student Aid Report, which is generated by filing a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid: https://fafsa.ed.gov/).
- Academic achievement based on GPA, course rigor, and ACT score (reported by applicant and high school counselor).
- Extracurriculars, volunteer activities, paid work, honors/awards, and leadership experience, as detailed by a resumé.
- Demonstrated academic motivation, personal growth, initiative and perseverance.
- Two creative essays (view essay questions here). Answering the optional essay question may allow you to be considered for other awards.
- Quality of character as described by one school-related reference.
- The application must be 100% complete and submitted by the student through our online scholarship application. Your school reference and counselor verification must both be marked "Submitted" (see tutorial). Incomplete or paper applications will not be considered. Deadline is strictly enforced.
- Applicant information is kept confidential; an anonymous screening committee will evaluate the applications.
It is the policy of Scholarships, Inc. to work directly and only with the scholarship applicant.
This scholarship application must be completed by the
student that is applying for awards. If Scholarships, Inc. becomes
aware that the student did not complete the application, he/she
will be removed from scholarship consideration.
Visit our Application Checklist page for additional information about completing your application.